I am a fully trained yoga therapy teacher, having completed a 4 year, 800hr Yoga Therapy training and 150hr internship with my wonderful and highly experienced teacher, Dr NC (more about him below!). I have been working therapeutically with people with a variety of issues from 2016.
- physical problems and injuries, for example: back pain, neck pain, shoulder pain, hip pain, broken bones, muscles strains and tears, scoliosis, lordosis, khyphosis, herniated discs, spondylosis, spondylolisthesis, flat feet, plantar fasciatis
- to physiological conditions and illnesses, for example: asthma, arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, diabetes, inflammatory bowel conditions, hormone imbalances, cancer, heart disease, lung disease….
- including people who are recovering from covid and other illnesses to help get their energy and vitality back, re-strengthen their lungs and immune systems, and bring them back into balance
- to mental, emotional and psychological issues for example: anxiety, depression, over-thinking, heart-break/bereavement, low self-esteem, trauma, addiction recovery
- as well as working with people who want a personalised, tailored yoga practice to take them deeper along the path laid out in the yoga sutras
What does a yoga therapy session involve? We usually factor in 90mins for the session which involves a consultation to have a chat about what’s going on for you, and what you’d like to get from your yoga practice, as well as a short check of your body and alignment to give me a whole picture of what’s best for you. I then design your practice and take you through it. I make a hand out of your practice for you to follow at home til your next session.
How many sessions will I need? Depending on your condition and how acute it is, the next session will be scheduled with your agreement. If its an acute issue, (like a herniated disc, that’s inhibiting movement) it may require the first few sessions to be a week or so apart. If its a more chronic condition, it will be more like 3-4 weeks between the first few sessions. Usually it will take no more than 6 sessions to come out of the problem, and often the later sessions are months rather than weeks apart. Some people like to keep on their yoga path at this point either continuing with personal tailored practices from me, or moving to more general classes or practices in other directions.
How long does a session last and what’s the cost? Initial consultations last 90 minutes and cost £85 (this includes everything detailed above and support with any questions or clarifications required after the session), subsequent sessions can be 60 minutes for £60, or 90mins again (depending on the situation). We agree everything between us, and its important that finances aren’t an impediment to getting help, so I’m happy to discuss prices to suit individuals means.
We can have a session in person at one of the two studios I co-run – Love Yoga Ltd in Aberdeen, or Kalyach Yoga & Wellness in Ellon – or via zoom for those who are located further away.
How do I book? If you’re interested in a personally tailored practice, or know of someone who could benefit, contact me to book or for more information on email@example.com